Thursday 15 May 2014

Virtual Machines on Server

2 days ago I gave Javid my virtual machines which I had built to do my experiments on.

He uploaded them onto the server, so now I can access them on VSphere. The virtual machines are setup in the following way:
  • There are 2 host machines, with at least 1 static VM on them.
  • There is another host machine that is stored on another host, to ensure that it is isolated from these other 2 host machines.
  • There is a 3rd VM that is an iSCSI drive, which allows it to be migrated between the 2 host machines.
  • Using my program, I should be creating load on the static VMs, and migrating the 3rd VM between the hosts.

For the next 2 weeks (until my next meeting), I should be doing the following:
  • Research on modelling.
  • Play around with VSphere, especially with the migration option, to get the hang of using it
  • Think about the experiments I will be performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment